How to open a Coinbase Prime account
- To submit your interest in a Coinbase Prime account, submit your institution’s information via our interest form: https://prime.coinbase.com/institutional-interest.
- You will hear back from our team within the following few days with an update on your eligibility for a Coinbase Prime account. You may be invited to apply or directed to other Coinbase products.
- If you are invited to apply, follow the instructions in your invitation to access and complete your institutional application.
- Once you submit your institutional application, our review team will work to make a decision on your application. During this step we may reach out to you to collect more information or documents.
- If your account is approved you will be sent instructions on how to access your account via email. Follow these instructions to finish setting up your Coinbase Prime account.
How to open a Coinbase Prime account when you already have a Coinbase account
Because Coinbase is for individuals and Coinbase Prime is for institutions, please do not use the same login email address from your Coinbase account for your Coinbase Prime account during the application process. Please note that a single entity may only operate one account across Coinbase Pro and Coinbase Prime. If you already have a Coinbase Pro account for your entity and would like to open a Coinbase Prime account, please note this somewhere in your application.